Surgical department is headed by a General Surgeon as a Head of Department since July 2016. Surgical department provide both in patient services and out patient services.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
- Surgical ward functions as an acute and general ward for patients aged 12 years onwards, admitting with General Surgical, Orthopaedic, ENT, Dental, Gynaecology and Ophthalmology problems that required surgical intervention.
- Performing referral of patients to Sibu or Kuching General Hospital when appropriate treatment is not available at Sarikei Hospital
- As a referral Hospital for patients from Polyclinic, Pusat Kesihatan and District Hospital near by.
- Performing procedure, diagnostic test and operative management to patients.
- Providing 24 hours services to the patients with the nursing personnel to run in 3 shifts.
- Providing isolation care to surgical patients with communicable diseases, burn cases and oncology patients on chemotherapy.
- Participate in quality improvement management
- Data collection, compilations of statistics, record and report for on going and future development of the surgical services.
- Daycare for Chemotherapy, patients are from various discipline for both male and female patients.