Blood Transfusion Service (BTS) is an essential component of the health care delivery system provided by MOH Malaysia. Blood Transfusion Service Hospital Sarikei is the sole provider of blood and blood component to Hospital Sarikei. Headed by a Transfusion Medicine medical officer, the blood transfusion service is responsible for collecting and processing of all blood intended for transfusion The Blood Bank Unit Hospital Sarikei is located at the Second floor.
SCOPE OF SERVICE
- Provide quality care to blood donor and patients who receive transfusion.
- Collect blood and blood components from eligible whole blood donors.
- Process blood into blood components for transfusion eg: Packed Cell, Platelet concentrate, Fresh Frozen Plasma and Cryoprecipitate.
- Supply suitable blood and blood products for transfusion on 24 hours basis, where necessary.
- Investigation of adverse events in donations and transfusion.
- Provide consultative service for medical profession and other relative staff on the appropriate use of blood and blood products and the selection of the laboratory investigation, their interpretation and repeated test if required.
|Provides 24 hours service including public holidays. This service covers the supplying of blood and blood products to the inpatient cases.
|Monday – Thursday||8.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
2.00 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.
|Friday||8.00 a.m. – 11.45 a.m.
2.15 p.m. – 5.00 p.m.
|Weekends/ public holidays||closed|